A VIBRANT, MEANINGFUL LIFE THROUGH
Coaching with David has been a life-changing experience. He has helped me in so many ways and has given me the tools to help me not only heal myself from past traumas but also deal with today’s ongoing challenges. I truly feel I would not be where I am today without his coaching.
J.M., Chestertown, MD
David is wonderful! Although he uses his sense of humor, he doesn’t sugarcoat what needs to be said and heard. And he communicates in the most amazing and caring manner. David’s coaching skills are excellent.
S.L., Easton, MD
David Mercier listens. And he has taught me how to listen….to hear my most authentic voice, to recognize my most fervent desires and to honor my dreams. As a coach, he has given me permission to remove all blocks to success, both professionally and in my personal life. He is a powerful advocate and a nurturing ally. It has been my great fortune and also a joy to work with David.
E.G., Easton, MD
WHY LEAP LIFE COACHING?
One of the most common pitfalls in communication is that we are usually contributing to tension or conflict without knowing it.
Another is that our opinions about the cause of the conflict are often the very source of the problem, or are sustaining the conflict.
Coaching is helpful, and often necessary, in helping to see beyond these blind spots. And as my approach to coaching entails leaping beyond the impasse in communications, it is called LEAP Life Coaching.
Whether we’re searching for courage, a rekindled relationship, a soul both serene and vibrant, or the glow of a meaningful life, the usual ways of being a social human will take us only so far.
We often look for answers in the wrong places. Remember the story of the man who looked for his house keys under the lamp post, because that is where the light was? He had lost the keys elsewhere, but he was willing to search only in the small spot he could see. Like that man, we often look for answers only in our familiar, comfortable places. It can be essential to have a coach to point out the blind spots and help you take an entirely different approach to solving your problems.
In addition, the constant challenges of creating sustainable happiness are not easily met with the tip, trick, or formula. Instead, what’s needed is a deep and genuine understanding of the organic ways in which our bodies and our minds work.
With that sort of wisdom in place, we can adapt quickly to the unpredictable, and rely upon our own ingenuity, boldness, and commitment to produce results we want. We will all have times when our lives are destabilized—whether by illness, accident, or our own mistakes. And perfection in life is always temporary. But with a greater ability to learn and adapt, we can improvise like a great jazz guitarist, and adjust creatively on the spot.
BENEFITS OF LEAP LIFE COACHING
My coaching clients report benefits that include:
- Breakthroughs in long-lasting conflicts in marriages or other intimate relationships
- The courage to speak their truth
- Increased physical and emotional vitality
- Improved self-esteem and self-respect
- Renewed sense of freedom and personal power (not force, control, or manipulation)
- Breakthroughs in effectiveness at work from powerful new communication skills
- Skills at generating respect from others
- Renewed intimacy and joyfulness in family relationships
To see if my coaching sessions are for you, you’re invited to a free 30-minute session. During this session, I’ll ask questions so I can better understand you and your situation, and answer any questions you may have about me and my work.
HOW IS LEAP LIFE COACHING
DIFFERENT FROM MOST?
LEAP Life Coaching offers:
- Coaching on the nutritional and biochemical aspects of your health when necessary. I have nearly thirty years of clinical experience in treating patients for both emotional and physical ailments, and this will inform my work with you. For some people, supporting the biochemical balance in the body will help their moods and mental clarity. For others, it will be essential and transformative.
- Spiritual perspectives (non-religious), when desired, that can greatly enhance your life skills and your self-esteem
- Expert skills, from 28 years of experience, in diagnosing and revitalizing the bioenergy of the human body and mind
- The unusual and unique combination of my life experiences as a former senior executive, former monk, coach, and health professional in a rare integrative approach to supporting your growth and well being
- The benefit of my training: in Eastern and Western spiritual traditions; 900 hours of seminar training in linguistic skills over 10 years; a Certificate in Transpersonal Psychology from pioneering psychiatrist Stanislav Grof, M.D.; An M.S. in Positive Organization Development from Case Western Reserve University’s organizational behavior department, often ranked the best in the world
- The accumulated insights from having provided over 32,000 coaching sessions
Guaranteed Coaching. If, for any reason, you are not fully satisfied with my coaching, the fee for your last session will be refunded to you.
WHO SHOULD GET COACHING?
My LEAP Life Coaching is appropriate for anyone hoping to create a better life—a life with greater personal intimacy and with greater effectiveness at work.If you have been struggling with creating a life that works, coaching may be the boost you need. It can also be helpful for those struggling with physical illnesses.
Executive Coaching is also available for mid-level and senior executives seeking to improve their skills in leadership, communication,team-building, and emotional intelligence.
(conducted by phone or Skype video. Calling charges may apply)